Monday, December 1, 2008

Excited and Scared and Dizzy!

Oh, and hungry too. Been an interesting day. I'm writing a book. Its official. I have a writer helping me. Its just all sort of hitting me all once. I mean, its not an accident or even a new idea for me. But after 15 years, I think I'll get this thing rolling and finished. 15 years. The book is based on my diary I kept during Desert Storm. I typed that diary on a 8088 processor PC that had a 30 MB hard drive. Not GB. MB. Like you could back up the whole hard drive on a couple boxes of floppy disks. Well, more than a couple since it had the old floppy drive, 360K 5 1/4 drive, but I digress as usual. Going from doing nothing, or thinking about doing something, to actually DOING something is pretty exciting. But it involves change, and commitment, and accountability. Thats why I'm writing it here. On a blog. That potentially everyone in the entire world can read In reality, my mom will read it. Maybe some of my Twitter Tribe. Someone else maybe gets lost. But life is about potential, and action. And cheese burgers. but that will be another post for another time. Yes, I did mention being hungry :)

Desert Storm Letters
I've got a blog started, go check it out. Soon I'll be asking for help in promoting the book, I'll probably use some kind of silly contest too... there's a story there, maybe I'll tell you later. Or you could even figure it out if you digg deeper...

I am planning to give some proceeds of the book to some very worth while organizations, and I'll name them very soon as well. To me, sure, making some money would be nice... cheese burgers... but its more than that.

Ok, must go eat.
In the mean time, follow me on Twitter!
@carlincomm

No comments: